View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 06:08 PM   #1231 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
The "only" manual 1996-2000 Civic HX for sale in the country!*

Not counting this slightly-modified one from a month ago. The owner is asking $3,250.

The seller of one of the autotragics that I found knew what an HX was and made a big deal out of it, but again, it was an autotragic.

No, this winner has a 5-speed manual transmission, but a bad clear coat, bad clutch, bad AC compressor, the power windows don't work, bad battery, a split seam on the driver's seat, and the tires need to be replaced.

Someone put in a security system. That should probably be removed.

Someone also took apart the steering column.

Correlation is not causation?

"I didn't rob a bank!"
"You spent 10 years in prison!"
"Correlation is not causation!"
"They convicted you!"

I am guessing that the clutch went out and the owner let the car sit, then traded it in or sold it as-is. Someone else bought it and hopefully bypassed the security system, which would explain why they accessed the steering column, but the seller states that it doesn't run.

Then it was donated and put on eBay.

Is that because of the clutch, which they then mention, or could the security system be responsible?

I cannot find anything about that, though.

They state that the AC compressor doesn't function, but how could they test that if the engine didn't run long enough?

It is registered in California, but originally bought in Oregon.

Did Oregon allow lean burn? I know that California doesn't, but I cannot find anything about Oregon.

Can you register a lean-burn car in California at all?

"It appears to have all the standard equipment for this trim level."

Sure! Not counting the driver's fender, the aluminum rims, the headlights, the stereo, whatever goes next to it on that year, and the muffler.

Could the security system disable the windows, or just general electrical problems?

What did they do to the dash?!

It seems to have the stock exhaust manifold and catalytic converter. Those are hard to come by! Eric the Car guy says that Hondas don't like aftermarket CCs, but where do you even buy used ones?!

The battery isn't strapped in. It is sitting at an angle!

I figure the black cable that is tied up on the left is part of the security system. What about the red and blue one hanging down?

Maybe it would be fun to figure out the electrical problems. Maybe whoever tries will end up donating it again.

It was last registered in 2016 and passed smog 07/12/2017 in San José.

I lived there when I was a kid. My grandparents lived there the rest of their lives.

It had 200,435 miles, but it now has 230,845, so maybe it didn't sit too long.

It is currently going for $260, but there is about an 8% buyer's fee, at least $80.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Talk about a fixer-upper.png
Views:	174
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	29969   Click image for larger version

Name:	17.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	29970   Click image for larger version

Name:	24.jpg
Views:	189