View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 09:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianEdgar View Post
I think you were helped into your confusion, since you picked up Aerohead's point and then ran with it. There's never been any mention of BSFC and throttle stop testing except in this thread.

I am never irritated by people who are ignorant. I am irritated when people refuse to improve their understanding, even when they are directed to sources that would allow them to do so. And I am more than irritated when people who are ignorant, and who refuse to improve their understanding, then lead others astray.
I'll lay out the rough process my mind went through upon encountering this thread:

1. I found a provocative title saying I should question the throttle-stop method of testing mods.

2. The OP contained no information other than links, which I despise. Links should have commentary to a. take a position b. illuminate the relevant part of the link c. summarize the point

3. Someone posted an excerpt that was meant to be relevant, which I did not find to be relevant. I commented on that.

4. I glossed over and skipped most of the posts other than those in response to me.

5. I responded to your post since it was relevant to my misunderstanding.

I've got plenty of cause to dismiss aerohead, but I don't because I appreciate a good-faith representation of ideas. That isn't to say the idea is fully formulated, articulated, or even correct, but it comes from a place of candor. Candor I respect above all else.

I'm as irritated by others who don't agree with my careful illumination of the obvious, but even a refusal to "see the light" is baked into existence. Ultimately I have to end with saying I disagree, I have provided sufficient evidence to support my point of view, and you'll need to be specific with the thing you disagree with or don't quite understand.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!