View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 04:14 PM   #39 (permalink)
JulianEdgar
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Perfect example of Aerohead's approach.

1. Aerohead made a mistake in a post (associating the calculation of Reynold's Numbers with frontal area, not length).

2. The mistake was pointed out by Vman455, with a simple and clear correction.

3. Aerohead immediately doubles down, reiterating the mistake.

4. A person mislead by the Aerohead's posts appears, trying to make sense of what Aerohead is saying (rather than simply seeing it as wrong) and bringing in another issue of no relevance.

4. I also point out that what Aerohead is saying is wrong (but I am less polite than Vman455, because I can see yet another example of Aerohead breeding confusion on this subgroup - see above).

5. Aerohead agrees to consult his references to find out how he arrived at his error (an error he hasn't yet admitted, despite it being as clear as saying that force = mass * velocity)

6. Aerohead comes back with his 'wall of noise approach', an approach that mixes irrelevancies, illogical jumps and correct definitions in another amazing mish mash that attempts to justify what is a simple error on his part.

7. Vman455 tries to correct the new errors that Aerohead has introduced in his response.

8. Aerohead replies with another wall of noise, but this times moves the goal posts right away from normal road cars into laminar flow bodies, further sowing confusion.

9. Vman455 understandably starts to give up in his corrections.

Yet another example of where something as simple as this equation:

Reynolds Number = (density * speed * length) / viscosity

...has under Aerohead's guidance become an incomprehensible mix of rubbish, errors, confusion and irrelevancies.