View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 02:44 PM   #100 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
I poked around a bit and found this:

insideevs.com/news/466481/aptera-uses-more-tesla-parts/

Quote:
This is why Anthony and Fambro decided to pick a production spot that they can lease and expand according to Aptera’s needs. Apart from the 40,000 square feet space, a nearby capable production facility can be expanded to 100,000 square feet.*
So their running about one year behind Arcimoto.

From Wikipedia:

The 4 Wheeled, 5 or 6 Passenger Aptera
Aptera Motors has stated in the timeline on its web site that it will begin design of a full sized 6 passenger vehicle in the second half of 2020.[4] However, in a more recent interview, the founders stated their next vehicle will be a 4-wheeled, 5 passenger car.[12]

Production Plans
In September, 2020 Aptera published on their WeFunder page an investor presentation document detailing production plans, with planned first customer availability in Q2 of 2021.[13] On December 4, 2020, Aptera Motors revealed the first solar powered Aptera prototype.[14] On the same day Chris Anthony wrote, "Delivery for early orders is end of 2021".[15] On January 11, 2021 he added, "If we can raise funds effectively and COVID doesn't continue to be a significant impediment we should be able to deliver 4 to 6 thousand units in 2022."[16]

edit:
* I guess this is in the video. I'll watch the rest.

Barona dragstrip advertised a meet on 15 Jan. Any news?

Okay, the most amazing thing for me is the heat pump skin radiator. The last car to use skin radiators, so far as I know, was the Stutz Blackhawk.

Last edited by freebeard; 01-16-2021 at 03:27 PM..