View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 02:55 PM   #199 (permalink)
racprops
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by some_other_dave View Post
Any way you cut it, 100 MPG at 60 MPH steady-state is gonna be a tall order!

Vintage looks will make it even tougher, since almost all vintage cars have poor cD and even the ones with a decent cD have a pretty large frontal area.

This point has probably been made, but I'm way too lazy to read through 20 pages:
The recipe will probably require something very light weight and very aero, with rock-hard skinny tires and a tiny engine with a rather tall top gear that can just barely propel the car along at 60 MPH in top gear. Low RPM and 80% throttle opening, or WOT if you can disable WOT enrichment, will give you the most efficient power. Diesel might be a better answer since it doesn't really have a throttle restriction.

-soD
GOD GOD I hope not, after all such a car would be worthless as a everyday car..."require something very light weight and very aero, with rock-hard skinny tires and a tiny engine with a rather tall top gear that can just barely propel the car along at 60 MPH in top gear."

Heaven help you in any crash, and such tires would not be able to really stop a car not be driven in any weather other pure dry.

I still am a believer in Gasoline Vapor what about that?

Rich