View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 12:01 PM   #207 (permalink)
racprops
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
There's a lot of misinformation here, unfortunately. This is simply not the case in modern fuel injected vehicles, and only partly correct even in the least efficient carbureted vehicles.

In a modern vehicle (such as the one I drive) more than 99% of fuel is combusted before the end of the power stroke. The best modern production engines reach about 41% efficient (from Toyota and Honda) and even some of GM's big V8s approach 35% in their peak BSFC island.

Consider this: for an engine to be 100% efficient, it would need to:

1) Have exhaust that was the same temperature as the air going into it. This is simply not possible in a combustion engine. Even the best combined cycle power plants only reach the mid to upper 50's % efficiency, and they cycle heated gasses back through several times to attempt to extract more heat from them.

2) Have cylinder walls and pistons that absorb zero heat from the combustion chamber.

3) Have zero friction.

4) Have zero accessory losses - e.g. free energy to run things like direct injection systems, oil pumps, water pumps.

5) Use zero energy pulling air into the engine, and then zero energy pushing exhaust out.

All of these things add up to give that ~59% energy (best case) not going to propel the vehicle forward which my car sees.
Sorry but I have NOT read anything like these statements ANY WHERE, so please can you provide proof of these claims.

They seem even more fantastical than mine...

"In a modern vehicle (such as the one I drive) more than 99% of fuel is combusted before the end of the power stroke. The best modern production engines reach about 41% efficient (from Toyota and Honda) and even some of GM's big V8s approach 35% in their peak BSFC island."

Such engines should be able to get 100+ MPG and would not need a cooling system.

Your notes of a 100% efferent engine I do not have any problem vapor does not claim such, only a reduction to 30% in fuel usage and if it can do the same work it did with the old fuel system with only 30% then a great improvement is MPG would be very possible.

Even then the vapor engine will have hear just not exhaust heat in the thousands of degrees now common, and the cooling system will be lightly used and car heaters might need improvements to give off heat with out 200 degree water.

Your super engine should run off one tenth of fuel in fact off a persons breath...

Rich