View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 05:13 PM   #137 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,221 Times in 4,648 Posts
pedal block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
What's keeping me from trying this method, is figuring how far to set the screw into the wood block that goes under the gas pedal.
How have you all figured this out ?

I even thought about trying to draw a graph that I can place near the pedal.
I would try and set my phone to record video, and have it placed near the gas pedal.
As I got up to max speed, it would record where the pedal is as shown on the graph.

But this not only seems cumbersome, but very dangerous as well.

BTW, the car is an old 1993 Honda Civic.

Thanks !
In Australia, Julian's limited to 110-km/h ( about 67-mph ) as the upper boundary for velocity.
For Austin, if you could get on the toll-road to San Antonio, 'abandoned,' you could set your upper boundary to 85-mph.
Your baseline would be below that, such that the air drag reduction would create a velocity excursion up to, but no faster than 85. No way to know in advance.
If you had to perform a 'power-on' evasive maneuver you'd be screwed!
Perhaps a length of string from the dash, to the top of the pedal could serve as the detent, and if necessary, simply mashing the pedal would 'snap' the string, allowing emergency acceleration to save your bacon.
Or a split, rigid segment, joined with a magnetic coupling which could be overwhelmed and separated with foot pressure.

Last edited by aerohead; 01-22-2021 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: add data
The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
Cd (01-22-2021)