View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 03:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Scott Adams was saying this morning that now that political leadership is so lacking, our best hope is the technologists taking control. His candidates: Bill Gates and Elon Musk.

Bill Gates says we can't control CO2 without killing the poorest billion people on the planet.

Elon Musk says $100 Million doll-hairs to the best way to scrub CO2 from the air.

I know who I perfer. I still haven't forgiven Gates for what he did to Gary Killdal

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DR-DOS#Origins_in_CP/M
Quote:
IBM originally approached Digital Research, seeking an x86 version of CP/M. However, there were disagreements over the contract, and IBM withdrew. Instead, a deal was struck with Microsoft, who purchased another operating system, 86-DOS, from Seattle Computer Products (SCP). This became Microsoft MS-DOS and IBM PC DOS.
web.archive.org/.../the-rest-of-the-story-how-bill-gates-beat-gary-kildall-in-os-war-part-1

Best thing I've found so far today?

It's full of fascinating detail, like the Pacific Plate subducts for about 30 miles and then levels out again and there are volcanoes above where it makes that second bend. And there is a layer in the Mantle the contains more water than the the World's oceans!

Apparently that is not the most worrisome one: CHINA VOLCANO: Scientists warn volcano extinct for 50000 years in china appears to be Recharging