View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 10:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
invno1
EcoModding Lurker

DJ Mobile - '91 Honda Accord EX
90 day: 27.4 mpg (US)

Betty - '99 Acura TL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant-53 View Post
Most e-bikes can go 20 mph but speeds on a bike path may be less. Look at a vehicle that can go 30 mph for 80+ miles. What are the local dealers like for parts and service? Do the buses in your area have racks for bicycles? What are the local DMV laws? I prefer quiet streets to bike paths to avoid pedestrians. Consider a fairing for when it rains. A combination of a front fairing and a tail box works well.
All good points for me to think about. I was looking at e-scooters because of price but especially the ability to fold up once at work. We don't really have anywhere to put a bike and I'd be worried about it getting stolen while I was working (construction). Also, I would be able to take public transit much easier in my area with a foldable scooter because there is very rarely open bike racks on the busses.

Using quiet streets is a good point and I'll have to research good routing but there is a new bike path that runs along the river and at least in the morning (before 7am) there wouldn't be any problem with pedestrians. However, I will have to check the laws on motorized vehicle usage on the path.