View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 09:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
MeteorGray
Master EcoModder

In defense of Aerohead (and to those who might notice and criticize it, I, too, reflectively use traditional capitalization rules despite the Internet norms; the ghosts of my English teachers haunt me yet), I will say this: the man is unusually dedicated to the advancement of aerodynamics and has devoted much of his free time to it over a period of many years.

And I'll further say that Aerohead, generally speaking, has taken the body blows criticizing some of his beliefs in a remarkably resilient and gentlemanly manner, although it has resulted in some exceptions in which he has made some less-than-tactful comments himself, sometimes at the expense of outside experts who are not even in the discussion here. I'll leave it at that.

I hope both posters continue here on E(e)comodder. I think Aerohead provides a lot of valuable historical data, even though he may fault in some of his interpretations and applications of same. And I think that Julian provides a wealth of new, empirically derived data that are so valuable to those who are working to improve the aerodynamic properties of today's variety of cars.

Now, off of the soapbox and on to the day's work for me.