View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully06 View Post
Hey Ecomodders! Wow I didn't realize its been over four years since I've been on here. I just wanted to pop in and give some long term effects of pulse and glide in an automatic. Well long story short my transmission went out. Now the car had 256k when it went out which is a lot of miles for most cars but this is in a 99 Camry so it could be argued that it should have made it well past 300k with routine maintenance, In any regard I wouldn't change a thing if I could go back. To give more details my car had just under 100k when I started P&G. I did it pretty hardcore for a few years then scaled back a bit. Without P&G I would have never achieved 50+ MPG (908 miles on one tank) sadly I will never get those numbers again but that's okay! I'm still in the mid to high 30's on the highway. Hitting 40mpg here and there.

I want to add the total repair for my transmission was only about $625 so I certainly saved more than that in gas over the years I did P&G. The car now has 262k miles and runs like a top.

I'd also like to add my SGII is still working like a clock almost 8 years later!
Sounds like to me you don't know how lucky you are. :P

None of what you just typed sounds bad. lol