View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 11:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
invno1
EcoModding Lurker

DJ Mobile - '91 Honda Accord EX
90 day: 27.4 mpg (US)

Betty - '99 Acura TL
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwichse View Post
If you shop around, you're looking at $360 for the BBS02 motor/controller kit, which comes with the chain ring, cranks, display, throttle, and wiring (all plug and play).

To that you would need to add a battery and charger, whose cost really depends on your desired range/charging speed. And, of course, a bike. But you can get a nice used bike for peanuts.

You can also go cheaper with the motor/controller and use a wheel motor kit for <$200. These are fine if you don't have lots of hills, you just can shift gears on the motor like you can in a mid drive.
Okay, that is very affordable! I already have a Trek 820 or 850, I cannot remember off the top of my head. That kit looks awesome! I read this review about it.

edrivenet.com/bafang-bbs02-review

I think this is the route I'm going to go. A bike will be way more comfortable for the long ride. I just need to find a safe spot to put it now. I might check out a couple of the parking garages in the area I think they have rentable bike parking in locked cages which would be worth it in my opinion.