View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 03:40 AM   #75 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
I decided long ago never to buy options. For what I'm doing now (matching the number of shares to the inverse of the price so the total value remains more or less constant) I don't need them anyway.

Yes it makes no sense to buy both sides if they have the same threshold. You can make money if you expect the stock to change a lot by buying options that pick up the extremes either way, but you'd lose all if the stock decides to remain at the same level until the options expire.

I prefer my strategy, which trickles out money if the share price keeps fluctuating.
The problem is finding stocks that will predictably go up and down

That's why I bought a few GME shares. GME now trades for way less than what I bought it for initially, but it went zigzag often enough (triggering sells and buys) to cover most of my loss if I sold my current position at the current price.
As said before, it is just entertainment (8 shares now - I started with 2).
There's still a lot happening around GME so it may likely go up and down quite some in the coming weeks. I'm watching.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.