View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 11:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
lyd
It smells funny in here.

GeeOh - '97 Geo Metro Base
90 day: 33.41 mpg (US)
Okay, here's a quick pic I just ran down and snapped. Couldn't even see where I was pointing the camera, it was so dark, and the car is wedged in between my bike and the neighbor's van. I'll grab a better one sometime tomorrow.

The Enkeis actually looked a little sharper, but they were trashed and I didn't want to pony up for another set of those. These are still OK. I don't have the center caps in because they are this incredibly lame and cheap-looking plastichrome. I'm going to either try to paint them or find something else to stick in there.

I'm a little disappointed in the tires. For something that wants to be inflated to 51 pounds right out of the box, they don't have a ton of sidewall stiffness. Taking right-angle corners at 35mph or so (which I have been doing in the interest of mileage, to maintain my inertia and all that) feels a little squishy. More so than they did with the Falken's of the same size and profile, carrying 10 fewer psi. I might try bumping them up a bit in pressure sooner than I had planned.

They seem great in a straight line and for more normal cornering, though.