View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,384 Posts
You said you got terrible grads in your undergrad - what was your GPA? That is the biggest factor that will determine if you get into grad school.

I didn't go to grad school but my wife and brother did. My wife had no issues - she had a 3.7 GPA and applied to the same grad school as her undergrad so all the professors knew her already. (She didn't even go to office hours)

My brother struggled. His GPA was in the low 3's about 3.1 or 3.2. He had to shop around a lot and ended up going to a school on the other side of the country that needed students and would take him. He also had to agree upfront to work for the hospital connected to the school for 2 years after graduation so it was a bit of an indentured servitude deal.

The question about what your superpower would be or what color you would be if you were a cereal bowl are just to see if you can think on your feet and respond coherently. There is no right answer with an explanation. The idea is to ask you a question that you didn't prep for. The only wrong answer is something like "I'm not a cereal bowl - why would you ask me such a stupid question?