View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 07:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
CVTCivic
EcoModding Lurker

CVTCivic - '17 Honda Civic 4D Touring Sedan
90 day: 39.16 mpg (US)
Question Searching for a hypermiling / ECO driving app (collecting points for driving smoothly...)

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a app which will help me to hypermile. I'm not looking for tools or devices like Scangauge or the Torque app and I already have average factory istrumentation in my car.

More like kind of a game/challenge were you hear a warning sound, when you're accelerating or braking too hard.
I think the GPS data from most modern smartphones should be good enough to recognize the difference between hard and soft accelerating. I know that the GPS antenna of a smartphone is not scientifically accurate, but I see this as more as a reminder or motivation to hypermile.

So is anybody using an app, which gives you something like a score when doing the basic hypermiling stuff, like smooth accelerating, gliding and soft braking? And gives you a warning alert when accelerating or braking abruptly?

At the moment I'm using Garmin EcoChallenge (developed in 2010 and available on Garmin satnavs), but this is just way too sensitive and also full of bugs.