View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 12:12 AM   #531 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I have had one date with a professor at a university in another state and everyone is getting ahead of themselves. A friend told me to marry her, move wherever, and let Mom and my sister fight to the death, or whatever women under the same roof do.

Mom says that she would rather die on her own than move in with her daughter and have my sister make her decisions.

My sister would eventually put my brother in a group home, where they would not take as good care of him as I will.

The professor has been remote-teaching from her parents' house in the Phoenix area and has authorization to continue for several months.

I don't understand why colleges are eager to resume teaching in-person. I absolutely don't see how having professors teach from their offices or even classrooms costs more than in-person, while schools usually charge extra for on-line classes.

I see comments that they need high-speed Internet for all of that streaming, but my classes had 60-450 people all using the Internet at once.

An article from 2014 says: "Online students aren't paying for facilities they aren't using because like at many other public universities, money for buildings comes from government funding, not tuition, he says." Why Online Education May Drive Down the Cost of Your Degree

Well, that is a complicating factor.

I don't know for how long the professor will be able to work remotely and what will happen with her, but I have preferences in both regards.

If I moved to the valley I could continue seeing all of my regular clients except for the one that attacks me constantly.

The SLP may pick her up. The SLP may not keep her and honestly, that may not make a big difference.

There is currently a house under contract a few miles from my sister for $340,000. It is a little bigger than Mom's house, on a decent lot, and looks vastly nicer.

I would need to earn $78,000 a year in order to make that much--triple my current pay.

If I started my own agency, paid my supervisor $150 an hour to supervise me, and maintained 9 clients a week, on top of my existing clients through that agency, I would make $78,000.

Can you imagine how much I wish I knew all of this before I decided to move to Page?

I don't know if I would be able to stay in the valley, but having Mom and my brother closer to our sister would help, and we should have a far easier time finding a provider for my brother.

Especially if I have my own agency and pay better than everyone else. The state pays:

$18.19 for attendant care,
$22.80 for habilitation, and
$17.55 for respite.

My agency pays:
Habilitation Providers - $14.75
Respite Providers - $12.50
Attendant Care Providers - $12.50

So, they make:
$5.05 per hour for respite,
$5.69 for attendant care, and
$8.05 for habilitation.

Or, let's say that I was authorized for 20 hours of attendant care, and 20 hours of habilitation. That would total: $819.80 weekly. Those services are defined as:
Quote:
Habilitation services are for individuals that need assistance with working on outcomes that are described in an Individual Service Plan.

Respite services will provide short-term relief for the primary caregiver. These services can be provided any time of the day or evening that the caregiver requests for. The certified habilitation worker will come and help the individual meet their outcomes in the home or community.

Attendant Care is provided to help an individual with their personal hygiene, assist in dressing, and help with meals. Attendant care can be received in the home or out in the community.
https://www.familypartners.net/devel...community-care