View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 05:03 PM   #532 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I finally confirmed our regularly-scheduled appointment with the client in the group home for this afternoon and went to follow Boss's instructions for installing apps.

It supposedly takes 7-10 days for them to approve our request, although it would install on its own.

The app only shows 4 apps that they didn't put on my iPad and I don't want any of them. In fact, I don't want the ones they gave me!

It doesn't look like they allow us to reinstall the apps they originally gave us, in which case this child's plaything is useless.

They had given me the app that my brother has used for years. Mom paid $300, so if I decided that I need to buy my own iPad, the device itself would be the cheaper part!

BackMarket says this iPad Air 2 is their best one. It has a flash sale for the next 9 hours. They are charging $209 with 16 GB in very good condition.

Yet here is one with 64 GB for $193, although it is only in "Stallone" condition.
Quote:
Screen: Good condition. No scratches visible when the screen is on.

Body: Fair condition. May have visible signs of use, with scratches and/or dents that can be felt.
Honestly, I don't care about something that kids will use. Nobody is going to think that I cheaped out, just that their kid isn't the first one to use this.

Mom is upset that she cannot use the Chase app on her iPad anymore. Apple stopped updating it and Chase requires a newer iOS than Apple allows, so I could buy this for Mom and use hers, with the $300 app, for therapy.

Meanwhile, I am supposed to see a client in 90 minutes, and I had always used my iPad for flashcards. I found an app for my phone, but I cannot hold it with two hands as easily.

I used to use my box of 156 flashcards, but he always managed to knock it to the floor.

If this client throws my phone I am dropping him!

I am going to look for my $35 RCA tablet. If I can get that to work and my client throws it, I will still drop him, but I wasn't using it anyway.