View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 10:50 AM   #101 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
My Segway mini is back in business after a $40 part from China. I paid a Russian hacker for a firmware that allows it to travel 16 MPH (up from 10) and about tripled the power available to go uphill. Huge difference in usability/enjoyment now. I've got 300 miles on it now.

I recently bought a hoverboard for $65 and they are pretty lame compared to my $350 Segway mini. Got it with my 2 year old daughter in mind who wouldn't be able to physically fit on my Segway until she's probably 7. Maybe she'll master the hoverboard by age 3 and we can cruise together.

Would still love to pick up one of those monster EUCs. I'll keep checking Craigslist for a deal.

On a longer time horizon, I'm waiting for a Chinese knockoff of this;

The suit, which creates 317 pounds of thrust and makes 1,050 brake horsepower, carries 5.25 gallons of jet fuel. That will allow it to propel a person of less than 200 pounds for about four minutes
off topic but on topic that suit is wild.

Cost: 400k
To use it: The founder said he had to get to core strength level of being able to flag pole to be able to use it. Oh my god... This man is a monster.

https://www.t-nation.com/system/publ...png?1450725316