View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 12:14 PM   #118 (permalink)
ps2fixer
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
The cooling fan shouldn't be used if you're moving more than like 35mph, there should be a LOT more air being forced through the radiator than what the fan could ever pull. From my understanding, the fan is only for slow speeds, and while stopped. On my corolla, it never kicked on the fan, when I got the car the fuse was blown for it. Idling for like 45 min one day for an engine oil treatment (system 48), it hit a peak temp of around 270f according to the scan gauge. That's the day I found the fan didn't work lol. Ironically, the overflow wasn't boiling, not sure how that's possible unless the radiator cap was stuck shut and the system was under a lot higher pressure than designed.

1/3 quart of fuel per hour is crazy low, that's 12hr on one gal (3hr per qt, 4 qts for a gal), my 1.8L corolla was around 3hr for one gal. I'm guessing the figure is 1/3 gal per hour based on your 120hr for a tank (40 gals)? If it's the 1/3 qt rating, then I really need to get one of these engines setup to be a generator, 2 gals for a day isn't bad for idle, clearly generating power would take more fuel.

With the 8 gal of coolant, it takes a long distance to hit full operating temps. When I drive to town it hits them, but that's a 25-30 min trip. When I go to something locally around me, it's around a 10 min trip and it hits something like 140F for the oil temp. I don't have a working reading on the engine temp yet. Every truck I connect to with this engine reports -40F lol.