View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 03:27 PM   #86 (permalink)
Stubby79
Master EcoModder

Firefly EV - '98 Pontiac Firefly EV
90 day: 107.65 mpg (US)

Little Boy Blue - '05 Toyota Echo
90 day: 33.35 mpg (US)

BlueZ - '19 Nissan 370Z Sport
90 day: 17.19 mpg (US)
Not a lot to report...was working on it, driving it daily, then the temperature outside took a good long plunge, where it was well below freezing for a few days - in which I did not want to find out if it will even run with the ECM issue if it got tooooooo cold...

Then it decided to snow almost a foot over night and pretty much crippled the city. They only plowed the main arteries and didn't even touch the, shall we call it, "secondary artery" that connects to my never-gonna-get-plowed-ever cul-du-sac. I mean, geeze, come on...two days to do it and they never touched a semi-major street? Pathetic.

Insight sat for 10 days or so, and I came back to find a completely drained 12v battery. Just barely enough voltage in it to tell my charger that it was actually hooked up to a battery. PO complained that it had a "bad" 12v battery, wouldn't hold a charge, even though it was brand new...yeah, that isn't likely. Me, I'm look at the ancient CD changer in the trunk and thinking that's the most likely culprit...those things are notorious for draining batteries. It was next on my list to take out anyway...too bad the cold weather hit first!

I'll post about my efforts on her when I conclude the current round of them.

Oh, getting the the hybrid system netted me all of 2 MPGs (thoguh it's a lot more driveable) and the warm intake/rad block netted me all one one more. These things were pretty optimized from the get-go.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stubby79 For This Useful Post:
Ecky (02-21-2021), Nathan jones (12-23-2022)