View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 10:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
This is good news. I've got a 1/43rd 356 Speedster (red w/ black Glasspar top) in front of my monitor.

Wasn't this what the Germans got bombed for in WWII? ...maybe not:
Quote:
ExxonMobil’s methanol to gasoline (MTG) process selectively converts methanol to a single fungible liquid fuel and a small LPG stream. The liquid product is conventional gasoline with virtually no sulfur and low benzene, which can be sold as-is or blended with ethanol, methanol or with petroleum refinery stocks.
I wonder about Cool Planet, so I went looking. They're mentioned in this paywalled report

Green Gasoline Market Overview, Merger and Acquisitions , Drivers, Restraints and Industry Forecast by 2027 : Reports and Data
Quote:
Green gasoline, also known as bio-gasoline or renewable gasoline, is a biomass-derived fuel through a variety of biological, thermal, and chemical processes, which is suitable for use in industrial and automotive applications such as in spark-ignition engines. The fuel meets the ASTM D4814 specification in the U.S. and EN 228 in Europe. Green gasoline fuel is used in vehicles that are aimed to run on this fuel without requiring engine modifications and can use the existing petroleum fuel pipeline structures and retail distribution systems.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (02-24-2021)