View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 11:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
Flakbadger
Always Too Busy

White Lightning - '17 Nissan Leaf SV
Team Leaf
90 day: 159.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Even some "archaic" approach might have its practical advantages under some circumstances. I'd rather have an "archaic" fuel-burning engine in a plug-in hybrid and some fuel source readily available even in the middle of nowhere instead of getting stranded with a BEV dead on the roadside.
Getting stranded because you ran out of electric charge is exactly the same as getting stranded because you ran out of fuel too far from a gas station; it boils down to poor planning on your part. If I were going to take a trip that had an indeterminate length, I would drive our gasoline vehicle, but only because it is currently easier to find a gas station with a parity price for filling.

There are hundreds of electric charging stations anywhere I want to go, but many of them vary in price wildly, and all of them seem to want you to have their particular app and/or card, which makes them incredibly undesirable. nOt HaViNg ThE iNfRaStRuCtUrE for charging everywhere is a non-issue, having a plethora of garbage companies trying to charge 8x what electricity costs is.

Current Car: White Lightning

----------------------------------------------

Retired Car: Betty White