View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 03:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Unhappy

Why is there an emojo? How do I make that go away?

I have that cleaner and a refill in the garage.

It doesn't remove Gorilla Tape!

I think that I tried five different things. Maybe I shouldn't have bought them from Dollar Tree, but I was only out $5!

One product to rule them all?!

One does not simply spray LA's Totally Awesome and call it done?

Kevin says to use liquid TSP on cabinets. There isn't a liquid TSP, the company makes a liquid TSP alternative, although if that were important I am sure that "Alternative" would be bigger on the bottle.

Mom says that is a stripper, so it makes sense to use if you are going to paint cabinets, but not to just clean.

I quickly looked for my LA's Totally Awesome, but just found the refill (and their citrus cleaner). I will try it on the cabinets and shower when I find it.

Everyone and everything says that you just spray range hoods and showers and then wipe, but that hasn't worked for me, although when I find it, I will try it on the remaining range hood paint.

Bob Vila says to mix a squirt of dish soap and equal parts hot water and vinegar.

Dollar Tree [and LA's Totally Awesome] confuse me. They had a thirty-ounce bottle of Ultra Deluxe dish soap and a fifty-ounce bottle of Ultra Concentrated.

I would expect that to go the other way.

I bought the big bottle and their vinegar, sprayed down half of the shower, set a time for 15 minutes, and then used my homemade brush attachment on my cordless screwdriver to scrub it down.

Most of the worst spots cleaned up nicely, but I didn't notice any overall improvement. I rinsed it with the detachable showerhead, but it didn't seem to do anything, so I scrubbed a little with a white washcloth, which only slightly discolored.

I wondered if it needed to stay wet, so I sprayed it down twice, fifteen minutes apart, and scrubbed again immediately after the second time.

It didn't seem to do anything.

Have I shared The Hacksmith's answer to dishes?

I am going to try that with my remaining solution and see if Dollar Tree scrub pads and a Dollar Tree binder clip do a better job.

I tried soaking the gas burner parts in ammonia overnight like Kevin said:
It changed color right away, although it seemed like the drip plates benefitted far more than the grates. The deposits on both seemed softer, but steel wool didn't do much to the grate, although most of the stuff on the drip plate cleaned up easily.

Mom said "Just use oven cleaner!"

Dollar Tree sells that, too!

I think that I will set up the metal shelves that I pulled out of the shed, put the stove parts on that, and let it air out in the backyard.

I put the bag in a basin of water to push out some of the air, although a vacuum sealer would do a better job. I flushed the brown ammonia, rinsed the bag, and put the other front burner, plate, and diffuser in with Home Depot ammonia, but it is still yellow!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210226_114635.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	30240