View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 05:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
octinum
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
AFAIK the adjustable suspension was a standard feature for the ones sold in my country, yet it's a PITA to find mechanics who know what they're doing while servicing vehicles fitted with this type of suspension.

Sure it might be a nice car for long distance trips, but I must confess I would be quite tempted to get a Peugeot Partner/Citroën Berlingo instead. I have even seen some with underbody CNG tanks, as it's more usual than LPG in Brazil and some neighboring countries. I hardly see a Diesel-powered one by now actually.
Correct, hydropneumatic suspension, called Hydractive 3, was standard for all pre-2008 C5s, which is height adjustable. There are two variants of the system though, regular Hydractive 3 and Hydractive 3+. You can recognize the "plus" variant from the Sport button between the height adjustment buttons.

Dynamic qualities of these Citroens are precisely the reason I bought these cars. And with limited funds and a taste for rare cars, I think the commercial vehicle based MPVs are not my cup of tea. I'm not saying they are bad vehicles; I don't find the Mercedes A and C class, or BMW 1 or 3 series attractive as well. Personal preference.

Current Berlingo is great by the way. I would choose it over any "regular" compact family car any day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
I remember the turbocharged engine being fitted to the Peugeot 806. Haven't seen one for more than 10 years.

I used to see some illegal LPG conversions in my country that didn't have an evaporator, yet once in a while the intake manifold could freeze.
Oh, I remember people fitting kitchen type LPG tanks in the boot here.

About that... I'm also thinking of a LPG liquid injection adventure. Not yet -I moved here from another city during Covid, new job, new home, so I'll have to take it slow. A controlled charge in the intake manifold wouldn't freeze anything I guess. How this would help with fuel consumption is its suitability with turbocharged small engines. Of course I can't do an engine swap on my current cars but if LPG liquid injection works, it would be applicable to smaller, lighter engines with adequate power when needed, which would also be easier on the start-stop systems.

And of course, in a country like Turkey, it would be a huge gain in terms of fuel costs.

I think my next post will enable me to attach images and links. So continue teasing please.