View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 07:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts
I bet it doesn't hit 50mph except maybe on glass water with a single occupant and just a few gallons of fuel. Well that's not true, on the trailer it can probably do 80mph LOL! We had an older pontoon built with welded aluminum pontoons that looked more like two small boats than pontoons that would get up on a plane with 1 or 2 people. Now we didn't have a 350HP motor strapped on the back, but we did have a 115 and I doubt we ever saw 20 mph on the water. What we did do was suck the gas at any speed. It only carried 2x12 gallon portable tanks but that 24 gallons would only take us maybe 3 hours or maybe 45 miles probably less.

That does look like a super nice pontoon, and it will be a blast, but ramp or no ramp is not going to change how much fuel is burns. Technically up on a plane with 3 big pontoons it's going to have quite a bit of frontal area. I assume the ramp is only a small 3'x3' area of that but angling it should help a little, but i doubt measurable. I'd mount the ramp so it's sturdy and easy to deploy and not worry about a few gallons here or there on a $70,000 boat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hersbird For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-05-2021), Kingofwylietx (03-04-2021)