View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 01:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
People living inside things and narrow are relatively exclusive. I used to have a stocker surfer van conversion. Just a bed and a porta potty and some underbed storage for the stove, food, and clothes were pretty much what fits for me. As far as the trades people go, everyone knows the vehicle after the first time it parks there, AND there aren't people living in it.
My wife and I will be living in our next campervan full time - counting down to summer 2023. Plenty of people live in single wheel axle Transit and Sprinter vans. Efficient use of space is key.

Whether everyone knows every vehicle depends on the neighborhood. In a subdivision like mine where everyone has a garage and driveway and very few people park on the street? Yes - a new vehicle will stand out. In older neighborhoods where almost everyone is street parking in a different spot every day often blocks from where they live? No, people don't keep track vehicles. Same with downtown areas where parking usually free after 6 pm.

The key is not looking like someone is living in the vehicle. You park at night, stay in the vehicle, and leave early. No light visible from the outside, no noise, and never park in the same place twice.

Stealth camping is not the preferred way to spend a night but it is good to have the option.
The Following User Says Thank You to JSH For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (03-07-2021)