View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 02:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Zachary View Post
And at the same time some are saying that COVID is going to cause a wave of people to move out of the cities and into the rurals. Then again, giving up McDonald's, Super Walmart and EV's would be a tough price to pay to move out of the city.
I'm not so sure if more people would move into the rurals due to the Covid, but it does sound quite tempting sometimes. When it comes to Walmart and McDonald's, sometimes resorting to local businesses for supplies (and maybe a tavern for convenience food) is not so much of a burden.

Quote:
I do wish more plug-in hybrids were made available. It looks like people are pushing for all electric or nothing.
It's mostly the marketing and politics pushing for all electric or nothing. Most people don't really seem to care about it.

Quote:
I just wish I had an EV option for around town so I didn't have to cold start my engine and not let it get up to running temps so often.
Makes sense.

Quote:
Although looking into some sort of enclosed pedal powered vehicle would probably be the best thing to do than to look to EV technology for such short distances. Maybe something big enough for the wife and kids.
Not so sure if your wife and kids would be so excited to follow that approach, even though some sort of enclosed rickshaw with electric assistance wouldn't be so out of question.
The Following User Says Thank You to cRiPpLe_rOoStEr For This Useful Post:
Isaac Zachary (03-07-2021)