View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 09:16 AM   #348 (permalink)
mpg_numbers_guy
Master EcoModder

Toby - '13 Toyota Prius C
Team Toyota
90 day: 62.36 mpg (US)

Daz - '15 Mazda 3 iTouring w/ Tech Package
Team Mazda
90 day: 38.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasoline Fumes View Post
I have a red one in good cosmetic condition, but a bunch of the clip mounts are broken. Make an offer!
I'll send you a PM this afternoon when I have a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
I didn't think any Insights had seat airbags, but I've never sat in an 06, only an 05.
That's just my assunption right now, I can't think of any other reason for the airbag light to be on. Waiting to hear back from my mechanic contact back in MI about the procedure to reset the light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
The Fit is certainly a nice car. I'd say that, at the very least, it could use the Insight's 5th gear. The first gen has a taller final drive, but shorter individual gears, and would benefit even more.
For sure! If I ever were to replace the Insight it would be with a Fit, Mirage, or a Yaris. But the Yaris has less storage and I hate the way Toyotas handle. Mitsubishi's reliability is questionable long term and even with crossing parts from the UK and USDM transmissions the tallest gearing available barely matches the Insight's 4th gear.

From what I've read from BongoBennie's stuff, the internals of the Fit, HCH1, and Insight transmissions are interchangeable, so I'd put the Insight's internals into the Fit's transmission. Might even keep the RE92s and Insight wheels on it, but the 2nd gen Fit comes with 15" or 16" wheels, so I'd need to confirm if 14" wheels would even fit.

But that's all hypothetical thinking, I'm keeping the Insight.

2015 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback w/ Tech Package (wife's car)
The Following User Says Thank You to mpg_numbers_guy For This Useful Post:
Ecky (03-08-2021)