View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 04:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Flakbadger
Always Too Busy

White Lightning - '17 Nissan Leaf SV
Team Leaf
90 day: 159.47 mpg (US)
Those are all great points. The price for entry with an EV continues to be a rather pressing one. I would have bought a Bolt when I bought my Leaf just for the extra range, except I won't buy a Chevrolet due to too many bad experiences with their electronics going to hell for no good reason.
Of course I would never in a million years buy anything made by Nissan either, except for this very car, because it doesn't have a Nissan CVT to break, or a Nissan engine to go haywire.
I, like many many other people, am just eagerly awaiting electric cars that are priced where normal people can afford them. When I bought my car I paid cash for the entire $16,000, so I could TECHNICALLY afford a much more expensive car. But I don't want to. I spend my extra money on other hobbies, a car is just transport to me. Why would I spend an extra twenty grand on something that hauls my groceries and generally doesn't even transport any passengers?

But again I acknowledge that I'm out of touch. Most people seem to want these accursed crossover SUV's, so they can have "a small car that feels big" and have the fuel economy of the big car without all its utility---and the "small" car that can't fit in small spaces.

Current Car: White Lightning

----------------------------------------------

Retired Car: Betty White