View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 01:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
CVTCivic
EcoModding Lurker

CVTCivic - '17 Honda Civic 4D Touring Sedan
90 day: 39.16 mpg (US)
I drive 2018 Civic sedan with a CVT. I hypermile it from time to time. I'm living in the middle of stuffed european city, that's why I can't avoid stop and go traffic. My average mpg is 37.7 mpg, but I drove only 18,000 miles with the car. Still I'm a slow driver most of the time, and I can't save a lot of gas in stop and go traffic and it's dangerous to drive that slow on the Autobahn. When you're mostly commuting on the highway your overall mpg will be a lot better than mine. The best I got was 55 mpg on a 100 miles trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISV-2K8Rondo View Post
...the Honda Civic hatchback is a CVT. One thing I've heard about these types of transmissions is that coasting doesn't really give you those gas-free miles.
I would say it doesn't need any gas while coasting. And also the gauge says "zero gas" when I coast.

By the way the manual transmission is a bit more fuel efficient, but I think you know that already and want to have an automatic transmission like myself.

Oh and the Civic sedan is a bit more fuel efficient than the hatchback due to less weight, the better CW value and the narrower tires.

Last edited by CVTCivic; 03-12-2021 at 04:52 PM..