View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 11:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I ended up going with Costco. They sold me Bridgestones for $406.43 out the door. They don't advertise being LRR, but it doesn't seem like there is a good ROI there, and my tires never last as long as they are supposed to. The warranty rarely does anything for me, either, unless they happen to fail with lots of tread left.

I bought 2 tires when I bought the car and had it aligned. The remaining tires were down to 1/8th of an inch after 50,000 miles and they were rated for 80k! Maybe I should have returned to Discount and seen what they would give me for the prorated warranty, but Costco was over $100 cheaper.

They were $112 each and contractually they owe me 3/8ths. My math says they owed me $84, so I saved over $20 by going to Costco.

Funny how I then spent well over $20 inside Costco...

The tire monkey said that since I didn't rotate my tires every 5,000 miles and get an alignment every two years I forfeited my warranty, but I am sure that if I claimed that I did they would find another reason to refuse to honor my warranty, or, for all that I know, they would have said "Whatever" and approved it.

Why was the Costco guy bound and determined to prove that Discount didn't owe me anything?