View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 08:00 PM   #72 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
  • If it has a battery and there are sunny days where you live, why not do solar? Every rechargeable battery is an opportunity to store free energy. Why not start with the rechargeable batteries we already have instead of insisting we need ginormous battery banks everywhere before solar is a viable option?
  • To use less fossil fuel it's a good idea to use as much free energy we can get. The sun hitting the roof of a building, car or other object is free energy. If we don't use it for anything the only thing it's doing is heating up the atmosphere. Sure, getting a little solar panel to charge my phone isn't going to save me thousands. But what if everyone around the world started solar or wind charging their phones, or just put well built crank generators on them? How much less CO2 would that equate to?
  • What about the 12V battery in my car? Or the hybrid battery? Or if I put in a solar powered hot-water heater? Or if I just run as many electronics as I can off solar when there's sun in the sky?
  • Electricity costs are going up and solar panel costs going down to the point that the panels and equipment can and will pay for themselves in not too long of time for a lot of people.