View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 12:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
Unforgiven
EcoModding Apprentice

Impala - '04 Chevrolet Impala base
90 day: 32.84 mpg (US)
Hmm. DRL's love them hate them... tried shutting mine down but failed so far. Fuse removal resulted in unbalanced main lights. Since my vehicle actually has full DRL's instead of just headlight DRL's like some, I have finally gotten to where I just deal with it. Getting the DRL schematic from GM was a waste of my time as they could not provide me with the full circuitry schematic.

The one click method rarely can work without involving some drag due to how the cable tension is normally set to begin with. Add in the often annoying light that comes on, and I dont find much value in trying that way. With an old Ford Windstar that I used to own, I was able to track down and unhook a wire harness which controlled the DRL factor and walla, lights when I want them. Seems that some of the new vehicles lately that I have seen, (Dodge Caliber, Chevy Cobalt, Ford Focus) have finally stopped the DRL's or perhaps just made the light sensitivity greater as I am not seeing lights on them during the day.