View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 08:16 PM   #850 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
I'm sitting here trying to make a robinhood account, which I did, but now I can't link my credit union for some reason.
I'd dig a little deeper to find out what the reason is. Generally, you need to provide the checking account number and routing number, then verify the account somehow, often by confirming deposits made into the account, which can take a couple days to post.

We missed out on the real opportunity last March when the whole market was 1/3rd off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
So is Apple, so is Tesla, so is bitcoin, so is basically the entire stock market. At least this is a company with a product worth supporting.
You've named the winners so far. Plenty of stock loses most or all value in shorter timeframes. The hedge against that is diversification.

As I pointed out, buying stock doesn't support a company post-IPO, because it becomes a shell game afterwards with investors projecting their valuation of the future prospects of the company. Buying stock doesn't put more money towards that company or product after the initial sale (initial public offering).

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!