View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 04:25 PM   #873 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
I have a handful of Rocket shares, Arcimoto, AMC, Acer Therapeutics, NNDM.
All are in constant motion. I sell a bit when they rise, buy back a bit when they fall, making 10-15% on every buy-sell combo. While most of them are now below my average buying price, these pumping profits have resulted in a net profit for each of them.

The exception is Vale. I bought them for their large stake in nickel, but they are selling their nickel mines? The stock hardly moves at all, but trends downward. A modest loss there.
It is all small peas compared to my TSLA, which is still nowhere enough to buy me a Tesla, but not that small that it could not happen somewhere in the future. Looking at TSLA my revenue is almost 1.000% in 2 years. No regrets there, except for not getting in bigger.

Reading the news does not always point out the way to invest.
My creed is 'never pretend you are smarter than the market' so my buy and sell strategy is quite defensive. If a stock rises 30% I sell 30%. and vice versa. That leaves little room for outside influences like the news.

It was obvious to me that NKLA had no substance, and when the Hindenburg report revealed it in undeniable terms I expected NKLA to be decimated or fold completely. It dipped substantially, then veered back somewhat and maintains a substantial market cap. They have nothing; no batteries, no hydrogen filling stations, no production lines, not even real prototypes of anything. Still the bubble won't burst.
The stock is quite volatile; my scheme of buying low and selling high would have yeilded quite some profit. But I refuse to trade on thin air, and there's no thinner air than virtual hydrogen.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 03-28-2021 at 05:30 PM..