View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 06:33 PM   #57 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
Guys !
Thank you, but no thank you.
You guys are good people.
In this day and age, it is considered the norm to put on a fake face of friendship, yet ignore the person when they are in need.
People will engage you in an hour long conversation, as if you are a friend, yet drive right past you if you are broke down.
And a true sign of friendship is when money or time is given for a person with no return expected.

I appreciate the offer, but can't take it.

Regarding the condition of the car, I was thinking of returning it back to the way it was.
Rebuild the Kammback / box cavity extension and all.
But then I started thinking I should just give up on the car and start over driving a normal car.
I have to admit that I use the art car excuse as a way to not be mocked for the aeromods.
I can say it looks this way to ATTRACT attention for my "business" ( which is simply a hobby really )
I find it interesting that not one person has called or emailed me since I added my contact information on the car.
Not even a search on social media to look at my art.
I guess the car wasn't good for advertising either.

I started sanding away the spay paint they put on the car, hoping I could salvage some of the art.
It's a total loss though.
I'll attach some images in the next post

I paint pet portraits, but also people as well.
The portrait of the girl is done in acrylics onto bare unprimed or prepared car paint, and I later added a layer or artist oil paints on top of that to experiment with how oil paints react to the outdoors.
( It held up extremely well.)

At this point in time, the car is sitting at my parents place.
I'm not sure if I want to bring it back to the way it was, or sell it for cheap.
I was seriously considering a used Volt, or Leaf, but just recently started changing my mind when I saw the 8-10 year lifespan and potential $10,000 cost of battery replacement. ( This topic will be a new thread )

Fortunately for me, the thieves wanted my car for themselves, instead of just wanting to destroy it.
Once hotwired, the car runs great, and I drove it over 100 miles to my parents home. ( A route I am comfortable with doing .)

BTW, even with the drastic change in aerodynamics - no kammback, no front airdam, busted spoiler jutting out in the breeze , etc, I could not tell much of a difference in the way the car felt.
To me, this showed just how hard it is to judge aeromods simply based on how the car "feels" ( Another thread topic later perhaps )

Thanks again everyone, but I can't accept the offer.