View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 03:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
JulianEdgar
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
My new home workshop

I thought I had a thread going on my new home workshop but now I can't find it.

Anyway, progress has been made.

Earthworks...

18 months later, the concrete slab...

Then 6 months later, the building.

It's 24 metres x 8 metres with a 5 metre wall (about 80 x 25 ft with a 16 ft wall).

I am now doing the wiring:

- 5 x 10W LED inside floodlights (for instant lighting).

- 10 x 400W HID inside lights. (Power-hungry, but so cheap to buy now second-hand - and I probably will use them only 30 or so hours a year. They're switched in pairs so I need to turn on only those I need.)

- 5 x double wall power outlets.

- 8 x 8-socket hanging power outlets (positioned on chains just above head height). I found in my current workshop that I used the hanging power outlets for pretty well everything but fixed tools, so I have gone for more of these in the new workshop.

- 2 x high current hanging outlets (for the dyno and hoist - when I buy the latter).

- 4 x HID external floodlights

- 2 x audio speakers

- 4 x security cameras

To give you and idea, the wiring is taking about 400 metres of plastic conduit!

That wiring is almost all done. I have roller switches coming for security on all the doors, and I am fitting some external low current LED lights that will probably operate on an auto dusk switch.

This is my 7th home workshop, so I figured I've learned a few things along the way - my book on home workshops.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulianEdgar For This Useful Post:
freebeard (04-06-2021), Gasoline Fumes (04-06-2021), JSH (04-08-2021), redpoint5 (04-06-2021)