View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 05:00 PM   #88 (permalink)
JulianEdgar
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
1) If you ever publish a single percentage for cooling drag, we'll immediately know that it's bogus. And if I have to explain it to you, we're all in deep..... and underserved, until we can figure out how to pump daylight to you.
2) And as you pursue another crucifixion, it would be fair to submit my exact wording used, which gave you this conclusion. I don't recall ever making such a blanket, all-encompassing comment like that. I just looked at 480-miles of Teslas in the last two days. Their obvious, 1963 Walter Korff race car minimum nose porosity makes me, if no one else, ponder their drag savings. You yourself mentioned that it is a simple matter of blocking this inlet to measure the cooling drag.
3) You have data for two vehicles? One Porsche and one Tesla? Radiators sized for 160-mph and 155-mph respectively. You are aware that there are two Taycans? And perhaps seven Model S ? And would you like to tell us all what their cooling drag would be if they were designed for 66-mph top speed? I've already given you some strong clues.
When you come up with data for the Mitsubishi i-MiEV get back to us. Chevy SPARK. SMART ED. FIAT 500e.
If you're going to play the prosecutor, at least learn the part!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you finally know what you don't know about cooling systems, you'll be at a great starting place for taking on the topic.
The pedantry ain't cutting it.
[Groan] More smoke and mirrors.

Single figures for cooling drag are published for cars all the time - maybe do a literature search?

You've often stated that a car had such a and such a drag figure, and if it were electric, then it would have a [much lower] figure. Maybe you've forgotten what you've written?

Never mind. We all know now to point out the error when you repeat it.

The Following User Says Thank You to JulianEdgar For This Useful Post:
aerohead (04-07-2021)