View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 05:57 PM   #95 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Someone in the next town posted a 2005 Camry XLE with 60,000 miles for $6,000.

Is a car that old really worth that much that much, just because it has low miles?

Yes, yes it is.

The owner posted 18 pictures and I found one scuff. Mom's car is a year newer and has dozens of scuffs. They mention a minor rear-end accident, but the airbags didn't deploy.

However, it says "Restored," so KBB pricing it between Good and Very Good is irrelevant.

Vehicle History says that it was auctioned on 12-12-2018 with 37,000 miles, but I cannot find any pictures.

It was salvaged, though.
Quote:
Wonderful LOW LOW miles. 60k miles and barely broken in. Hey it's a Toyota!
Always garaged, serviced on time, Clean non smoker, no kids, Upholstery in excellent shape. (No holes or tears/stains). fold down spit 40/60 back seat.
4 cylinder ITT, no leaks or drips, timing chain no rubber belt. Ice cold A/C temp controlled.
Excellent gas mileage 38 Mpg freeway. (Gadgetman grooved $500.00) Plenty of power and fully loaded. Two key fobs, keyless entry. Owners manual. Minor rear damage, but totally fixed with no airbags deployed. Front engine perfect! It's a very comfortable dependable car, I trust my elderly Mother to drive cross country in it. You won't be disappointed, worth the drive to check it out.
Gadgetman? If that mattered I am sure that I would have heard about it. I found a website, but the main page didn't give any information, and I didn't see an FAQ. Go figure, I only found two useful posts, Gadgetmangroove by Arragonis and Gadgetman Groove Experience by someone calling himself DiveDaddy03

I found the newer thread first and DD03 said that he bought the kit and was going to test it out. Everyone said that he needed an MPGuino to really test it out and DD03 said "I just spent $500 on this kit! I don't have money for testing equipment!"

He seemed nice enough, but disappeared.

What happened?!

Arragonis's post was traumatizing. It didn't seem to have any useful information.

That XLE is the 210 HP V6, rated 21 MPG mixed. The other 3 submodels are rated 25 MPG. The last time that I calculated Mom's fuel economy I got 26 MPG--after a road trip.

Allegedly this V6 gets 38 MPG?!

That is an 81% improvement!

2005 Toyota Camry XLE fully loaded 60K Low original miles - $5,995 (Snowflake)