View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 07:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I've been mostly talk, and little action.

Over the years I've done grill blocking, Scangauge, messed around with capacitors and LiFePO4 batteries, overinflated tires a little, and not much else. I bought most of what I need to install an alternator cutoff switch in my Acura, but I hardly drive anymore.

As I get closer to owning an EV, my eagerness to experiment on ICE vehicles wanes. I'd still like to get that alternator cutoff switch going, and do a bit more fiddling with LiFePO4 batteries in the Acura since it needs a better setup than I have installed, but I don't have any other plans for mods.

Same here. When I was getting 45 mpg to 100 mpg with a Prius and Spark EV there are very few mods that make any financial sense. Tire pressures, grill block and don't drive like an idiot about does it.

I don't drive the van enough to care that it gets 15 mpg around down and 20 mpg on the highway.

The TDI is averaging a disappointing 37 mph but again, that isn't bad enough to spend money on fixes. I also don't expect to have it more than a couple more years.

I get that some people's hobby is to improve MPG just like some people want to increase HP and saving money isn't the point. I'm not one of those people.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JSH For This Useful Post:
Isaac Zachary (04-10-2021), redpoint5 (04-09-2021)