View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 08:23 PM   #28 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Man View Post
Earplugs cause issues too. Not enough attenuation on the lower end of the spectrum. I have so much money sunk into bose quietcomforts because my noise tolerance is so bad. My whole body and mind are such utter complete trainwrecks that it's a bit of a wonder I'm still kicking.

I've discovered something: My fuel consumption minimum is when I ignite the ICE for only one warmup/cooling cycle even if it means running the motors in a less efficient operating range. This car isn't like my prizm that could warm up in 2 miles.
I tried a hearing aid for my deaf ear.
Apparently, you can get them fine tuned for what frequencies you want to hear well.
I was completely let down, as the last time I had one was over 20 year prior.
(And this last time was around 6 years ago. )
I had thought technogy would have done wonders with them, but was in for a huge dissapointment.
Not only did the new hearing aids not sound any clearer than the old ones, the batteries lasted half as long.
They just made the sound louder, and actually hurt my ear !
BUT, it just might be something you could give a try.
With your situation, you can get assistance, and maybe even get them free like I did.
I tried to give mine back, but they really discouraged me from doing so. ( Not the part that goes in the ear, but the electronic part of course - each is custom fitted to the person. )