View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 01:35 PM   #29 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.18 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Obviously the best use of time travel would be to go back to 1982 and take State--whatever that means. The State Science Fair? What would happen if I invented iPads in 1982? Would that be enough to win the science fair?

Then a few years later I could sneak into Show Low, remove the window trim, waterproof the back, and go on with my billionaire ways.

How about going back three years, buying a planer and a table saw in the first place, making the inside edge straight, and using that to cut a 45° angle?

Then I would have some hot stock tips for myself. I would also ask my employer "Can I put clients on probation if they miss three consecutive sessions without an illness?"

That would save a lot of problems.

Oh! Also replace the radiator in my Civic before I blow a head gasket and not park my Accord next to the house!

Ask Mom if my brother could pay me something for working with him. I am sure he would have benefited if I started earlier and somehow we aren't spending enough.

Find someone else to write me a letter of recommendation a year and a half ago, instead of wasting time with our old neighbor. Yes, maybe a letter from one of their teachers could have carried weight, but he wrote incomprehensibly, so that would count against me.

I wouldn't wait for my brother's SLP before applying to grad school last year, I would start as soon as they open, have the clearinghouse request a letter directly, and finish all of that much earlier.

I would also request official and unofficial transcripts from that community college that I attended in 2005 earlier.

One program never looked at my application because the clearinghouse didn't give me all of the instructions in-time. I needed to wait until U.S. business hours to talk to someone in India to once again be told that I didn't follow instructions that I had no way of knowing.

I don't remember exactly when I replaced my timing belt, but be extra-careful reinstalling the valve cover, and making sure that I don't pinch the spark plug seals. Then if I still start having Tuesday Troubles, replace the distributor.

Never drive to Tucson. I can't get stranded (or heartbroken) if I never drive to Tucson!