View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 02:59 PM   #158 (permalink)
ps2fixer
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
Small update, with the truck loaded about half the time, I'm averaging around 15mpg. Empty seems to run around 20mpg. Still have the vibration at 35-45mph, and it comes back around 72mph.

talking about 72mph, was in a rush with my trailer one day and drove 70mph (fastest I could go with out the vibration) and napkin math got around 8-10mpg, crazy how much it drops 70mph vs 60mph. It used roughly 5 gals in 40 miles.

First trip with my dolly instead of the trailer gave way better mpg. I didn't even go through one tank (19gal) and have 270 miles on it. Car only weighs around 2020 lbs though xD.

Talking about the car, new addition to my line up, a 2000 Toyota Echo, 1.5L manual 4 door. Bunch of people say 40mpg is super easy to get with it, I hope to hit closer to 50mpg with my style of driving as long as I'm not in a rush. I fit in it better than my 97 corolla which is really odd to me, it's smaller in every dimension on the exterior. Couldn't pass up the price, has 4 brand new tires (3 not mounted) + the car for $450. Needs muffler put on, rear bumper got pulled off, and one of the gauge cluster lights are out for the back light. Besides that, give it an oil change and it's pretty much ready to tear up the roads. It's rusty and a bit ugly, plastic everywhere, but it runs and drives great.

I haven't had a chance to do much research, but while looking up info on the car, I found a video that mentioned they put a "big block" corolla engine in their echo. I wonder which engine is interchangeable with the trans bolt pattern, or maybe they had to make up an adapter (lack of info really sucks sometimes). Car has 291k miles on it (468k km), but it runs great so not looking to swap the engine unless it dies. I never had a manual car, and that thing drives/shifts amazing, like 10x better/easier than the trucks. It might be a beater, but it's really growing on me lol. I suspect the main mods it needs is a rear belly pan (already has a plastic one in front), and a lower or upper grill block.