View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 02:21 PM   #48 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Zachary View Post
First off lots of governments are shooting for an all-electric future. Washington state apparently just marked 2030 as the year when neither new nor used ICEV's can be registered in the state. So if that's the way things end up going then it's only a matter of time for my state to adopt similar laws and for me and lots of others will have to accept this future.

And even if EV's don't end up being forced like governments say they are, that doesn't mean as a consumer I can't put EV's on the list of possibilities.
Our government isn't supposed to be forcing anything on us; it's supposed to be in accord with our will. That we even accept an idea like "the government forced us" (against the will of her citizens) is troubling.

If the government is going to restrict choice (liberty), then it has got to have an extremely good reason for doing so AND be the will of the people.

Some yayhoo starts talking some nonsense like "ban everything but EVs" in my local government, and I'll see to it that they get a real job rather than waste everyone's time and money. That "idea" is as dumb as "all fruit trees must now be pear trees". Did nobody ask why?

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!