View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 04:00 PM   #49 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Our government isn't supposed to be forcing anything on us; it's supposed to be in accord with our will. That we even accept an idea like "the government forced us" (against the will of her citizens) is troubling.

If the government is going to restrict choice (liberty), then it has got to have an extremely good reason for doing so AND be the will of the people.

Some yayhoo starts talking some nonsense like "ban everything but EVs" in my local government, and I'll see to it that they get a real job rather than waste everyone's time and money. That "idea" is as dumb as "all fruit trees must now be pear trees". Did nobody ask why?
I understand what you're saying. And I'm no expert and have no idea of what comes next. But it seems the USA is divided 50:50 on just about everything. That, to me, makes the future uncertain. Again, I could be wrong and 98% of the population is and will remain strongly against an all EV future and will never let that happen. But for me, whatever happens happens, I'm not taking sides. This isn't Eco-how-to-win-at-politics-modder. Regardless if the EPA lets manufacturers go back to carburetors, or older carbureted cars get banned, or we're allowed to take our catalytic converters off or if the federal government decides to ban aftermarket cats and we can only use OEM ones, whether ICEV's will have to run on expensive synthetic fuel made from carbon capture because that's all there'll be at the pump or whether we'll have no limit to fracking and drilling until every last drop off carbon has been unearthed and burnt, I just want to be able to get the most out of my vehicles with the help of sites like Ecomodder.

Let other forums deal with the politics. All I'm saying is my limited foresight sees the possibility of more EV's in the future. Maybe a little more or a lot more, but more.