View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 02:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
Fibercraft and other make copies. https://meyersmanx.com/current-buggy-kits/is the real deal. They currently have five models.
CURRENT BUGGY KITS
NEW CLASSIC MANX
KICK-OUT TRADITIONAL
KICK-OUT SS
DUALSPORT
MANXTER 2+2
Bruce Meyers has passed. The company is in new hands www.classicdriver.com/en/article/cars/meyers-manx-returns-fixing-your-mojo-good
Quote:
...the reborn marque's brand director Richard Gauntlett – well known to many Classic Driver readers, the son of famous Aston Martin CEO Victor Gauntlett and the man behind the Aston Martin Bulldog restoration project...

"I'm part of a small team that acquired the Meyers Manx business in November last year, shortly before the sad passing in February of the car's creator, Bruce Meyers. He was 94. A key member of that team is our CEO and CCO Freeman Thomas who, as many readers will know, began his career at Porsche and was the designer behind cars such as the original Audi TT and, of course, the 'new' VW Beetle. He also recently shaped Ruf’s new CTR and SCR. Freeman grew up in Southern California during the 1960s and 70s, so he offers a unique mix of vision, VW heritage, incredible design sensitivity and deep experience of the very culture into which the Manx was born."
So their new designer did the Audi TT and New Beetle. Fun fact: The front fenders are flat on top because Bruce Meyers felt it was important to have a place to put your beer once at your destination.

I don't recall mentioning a 3D printer [citation needed], but if you were stalking me you'd know it's been delivered in Federal Way, WA; and my son will drive down with it next weekend.

The model at Permalink 3 could be scaled up to 1:1 with a sufficiently large printer.