View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 06:32 AM   #161 (permalink)
planetaire
EcoModding Lurker

Planetaire - '07 Toyota Prius 2 plug in
90 day: 195.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianEdgar View Post
When I am talking about 'cooling drag', I am talking about the cooling drag of the radiators. This is the approach taken in all technical aero literature, so I feel pretty relaxed about taking this approach....
Aero is half a good idea.

I came in this forum from 2010. I learned from a lot of guys here several good ideas in order to reduce the drag of my car, aero and tyres. Than'k to all, I can't list here their pseudo each, sorry.
Here I learned that a car is somewhat different from a plane. Mainly because there are 4 $%*§ wheels (or 3 sometimes), and because it is closed the ground. Add some cross wind for exemple for playing more.

So I learn here that aeronautic forget that an ice have exhaust gaz, that are very hot near the engine. So there is a cooling need. Unlike the electric motors.
Maybe they forget this because nobody found a good solution to reduce the drag or because some of the old planes don't have catalyst or mufflers and just a tiny exhaust pipe just to protect the paint.

I would not understand that somebody remove a part of the drag from a device that need it.
For exemple I would not remove the wheels drag because they are moving part from the body of my car or because nobody succeed removing this drag or because first cars have low speeds...

This is because this fu#*$g exhaust that my car have a cd of 0.22 and not less, I have to keep all this #\/*$ system on board.