View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 06:24 AM   #21 (permalink)
JulianEdgar
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekke View Post
Few more pictures of the car found. The air suspension makes it difficult to estimate things, but we know the wheelbase of the car which is 3210mm.

With that data you can calculate that the wheel diameter is around 760mm that could then be 255/55R19-->763mm.

After this you can measure ground clearance under the car to be around 140mm at least in the picture I looked.

You can also measure the heigths of the tire flaps. In front they are around 45mm height and lowest point is at 100mm. Accuracy of measurement is +-5mm

at rear the flaps are little smaller. Heigth of the flap is 25mm. Accuracy of those measurements I would say is +-7mm more towards the plus side as there is no clear pictures of the flaps alone with wheel specially from rear.

Now remember the car has air suspension and lowers itself at higher speeds so flaps will come even closer to ground.
Yes, having adjustable air suspension is a very good thing. Lower it whenever you wish, or alternatively, have it lower automatically with speed. I am often a bit puzzled why more Ecomodders don't do it.

I've seldom regretted designing, building and installing my own system (although having said that, it was even more complex, and more work, than turbo'ing my car).