View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 10:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Juho
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks!

No clue if they have tried tumble flow.. or did they just go and try only high swirl design.
Probably the high swirl design would work the best when fuel economy is on highest priority.

But aiming for tumble flow wouldn't lower maximum power output, since the flow capacity won't be as much restricted.

I'm still looking for a good method, to determine best ignition timing on part throttle, but first I logged mostly injector pulse width, ignition timing, throttle position and engine load (mass air flow sensor), plus rpm of course.
The lower injector pusle width was a sign, that more ignition timing worked better on the same load / speed etc.
But since I'm going with lean burn, I have to keep my eyes on engine load and throttle position. Less load and throttle = better, since that'll mean also lower injector pulse width = better fuel economy.

Higher intake air temperature, and coolant temperature at higher speed would be better.
But I haven't really figured out how I could get higher intake air temperature working at lower speeds, since then they'll be a lot higher.